Vicki Diamond and her lovely family
Vicki Diamond and her lovely family
Courtesy of Vicki Diamond

HBHA Welcomes New Faculty Member to Their Wonderful Team

Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy welcomes Vicki Diamond to the faculty team. Mrs. Diamond works in the lower school student services department, and her role is to support students who need some extra help. 

Diamond worked at HBHA years ago in student services, and then she moved to Beth Shalom Rose Family Early Childhood Education Center in Overland Park, Kan. to work with preschool students. Diamond decided to rejoin the HBHA team this school year. She says it was a big change coming back to HBHA after working with preschool students for so many years.

Diamond has two daughters that attended HBHA; Jamie and Emily Diamond. Jamie Diamond graduated in 2004 and Emily Diamond went to HBHA all way through sixth grade and left for seventh grade to attend a public school.

Diamond’s favorite part about working at HBHA is “first and foremost the students, second is the faculty because it is a warm and loving environment.”  Diamond’s biggest challenge at HBHA is the schedule. She says that the late start Wednsdays have been a bit confusing lately. 

This school year Diamond is looking forward towatching the growth of the students I’m working with and for them to feel confident in what they are doing.” Diamond describes her new position at HBHA as “scary and exciting.”  She likes the new and exciting change, and she is looking forward to growing with the students and faculty at HBHA.

Vicki Diamond studying with a student (Photo by Ayla Williams)

Diamond and her husband have always thought it was important for their family to follow the path of Judaism. In addition to her own kids attending HBHA, they both attended  Jewish summer camps as well. Diamond and her husband both taught religious school’s and belonged to numerous synagogues throughout their marriage. Diamond says “I find it very comfortable to belong in a Jewish setting.”

Some things Diamond enjoys doing in her free time are reading, playing mojang and traveling. She also loves to read, “I read excessively.”  Some of her favorite reads are Mad Honey by Jennifer Finney Boylan and Jodi Picoult, Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus, Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, and The Golden Doves by Martha Hall Kelly. Diamond enjoys traveling to visit her family on the East Coast in Boston and New York. Diamond has four granddaughters, but she also enjoys getting to travel to Mexico every winter. 

Vicki Diamond and her husband, Michael Diamond, posing with beautiful artwork
(Courtesy of Vicki Diamond)

Diamond is enjoying getting to experience HBHA’s team and is looking forward to this new exciting stage in her life where she is growing here with the students and with the faculty members.