• May 14Yom Ha’atzmaut
  • May 17Senior Send-Off
  • May 20Graduation
  • May 23Last Day of School
  • May 23High School Finals May 21-23
  • August 19Drop-In Day for 2024-2025 School Year
  • August 20First Day of School

Ram Fans Sports Weekly 2/21

Boys Rule – Middle School

Feb. 21. 2024 – HBHA middle school Rams basketball is officially done for the season. The three teams, 5th and 6th grade boys basketball, 7th and 8th grade boys basketball, and girls basketball, once again had successful seasons, including a 9-win campaign from the older boys. The two boys teams were once again coached by Mike Liss, and a plethora of other parents, including Daniel Rosenthal, Chris Hobbes, Aaron Zitron, and Jake Mooney. These coaches all contributed their effort to help the boys become the best version of themselves, including Amos Williams, a sixth grader who stepped up in the middle of the season when the younger boys team needed him the most. Although the younger boys only played 6 games and won half of them, they all had fun, including celebrating their play of the year, made by Williams, who said, “Probably at the end of the championship game of the tournament, and we were down by a lot, but I kind of wanted to do something funny for the end of the game, so with three seconds left I pulled up from half court, and I thought I was going to airball it but it actually went in and everyone on the team and in the stands went crazy, and I loved that.” 

Williams would also play a few games for the 7/8 boys, who were led by captains Zack Blinn and Phineas Green. Green reflected on their tremendous season as well as his best game, “We were pretty good, we went 9-3, but sometimes we weren’t completely communicating, or the chemistry was not 100%, give credit to the teams we played, some of them were hard to beat, but it was a pretty fun and good season…my best memory from this season was when I dropped 24 points in a game, which was my career high, it was in January against Midland, and I was really hyped. After the game I just said that it kind of summed up how good our team can be, and if we all played like me in that game we can beat anyone.”