• May 14Yom Ha’atzmaut
  • May 17Senior Send-Off
  • May 20Graduation
  • May 23Last Day of School
  • May 23High School Finals May 21-23
  • August 19Drop-In Day for 2024-2025 School Year
  • August 20First Day of School

Ram Fans Sports Weekly 2/23

Varsity Boys Championship Win
Image by Bekah Zitron

Feb 21, 2024 – The Rams varsity boys have just won their conference championship! The boys were the top seed in their conference and received a first round bye for their tournament. Tuesday night, the boys team headed down to Guadeloupe Center to scout at Guadeloupe vs Frontier Stem where the winner of the game would play the Rams the following day. After Stem won a nailbiter, the Rams began to strategize for the championship.

The following evening, the Rams returned to Guadeloupe for their final matchup. The Rams had beaten Stem twice that year, so they knew their competitors were going to be seeking revenge. The boys ended up pulling ahead early in the first quarter and never squandered their lead, resulting in an easy 51-36 win.

Rams captain and senior Riley Ellis was given a standing ovation as he exited his final game in the fourth quarter after scoring 17 points. After the final buzzer, the bench was cleared in celebration, and Coach Damien Brown awarded medals to Ellis, Eli Solomon, and Teddy Zitron, and a plaque was awarded to the team.

Rams point guard Teddy Zitron had 14 points against Stem and was a key part in the Rams’ victory. He reflected on the tournament, saying “The whole season led up to this game, and I think that the whole team was just excited to go play a championship game after our tough beginning, and the atmosphere there was electric.”

Zitron said that after Stem began to catch up to the Rams’ lead, the team had to, “calm down and realize who we were, and we rallied and came out and crushed them in the fourth quarter.” He recalls the thrilling championship game, saying “Riley took over on offense and Eli shut down their best scorer on defense, and by the end of the game we were just having fun, and this game was a great way to cap off the season, because now we’re champs, and we brought home the gold.”