Back to School Night Starts the Year Off Right

The beginning of a new school year is always a very time at HBHA.  Between fall sports, the Jewish holidays, new classes and much more, everybody appears to have something to do.
“I am very excited to start my senior year,” said senior Shani Solomon. “I am nervous for college applications, but it will eventually be finished and the rest of the year will be great.”
With what will be both an exciting and impactful year at HBHA, the 2013-2014 school year started off with its annual Back to School Night.
On Aug. 27, Lower School parents came back to school for a night full of meeting, greeting, and learning. They met with teachers and learned about their children’s cirriculum.
“I truly enjoy meeting my new students every year, and learning about their personalities,” said Hayden Galler, third grade teacher.
“This is why I look forward to Back to School Night, to me it is interesting to meet the families they come from.”
On Aug. 29, Middle and Upper School parents joined their students and teachers to chat and learn too. Back to School Night consisted of parents coming to school without their children and spending two hours following their children’s daily schedules. In each class, they were given a chance to meet each teacher, find out what their students will be learning throughout the next year, and, in some cases, parents were even treated to a pop quiz.
“Back to School Night was a lot of fun,” said Lori Gold, mother of third grader Abby Gold. “It was nice catching up with friends who I had not seen over the summer, and it was interesting to hear about what Abby will be learning about in this upcoming year.”
It is going to be another great year at HBHA, and Back to School Night was the perfect preview for what lies ahead.
Freshman Leah Sosland said, “I can’t wait for the upcoming school year, it’s going to be amazing!”