• March 29Spirit Week Ends
  • April 2MS Girls Soccer v. Lincoln
  • April 4MS Girls Soccer v. Whitefield

Photo by Teddy Zitron
D'var Torah
March 15, 2024
Photo by Teddy Zitron
Snowmen
March 11, 2024
Photo by Teddy Zitron
Jewish Artifact
March 11, 2024

Passover Pastimes

Photo provided by Joel Gutovitz. The Gutovitz family visited the Windy City over Pesach .

As soon as school was out on Friday April 11, spring break began for students at the Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy. Purposefully coinciding with Pesach (Passover), the holiday was a very welcome vacation from the regular school schedule. Some students took advantage of the time off by going to visit family out of town. Others used the time to go on college visits. Overall, it certainly was a very nice break.

However, not everyone had exotic travel plans for spring break. Many students stayed home and enjoyed the beautiful spring holiday with family and friends. All in all, students at HBHA had a very relaxed, enjoyable spring break.

For junior Joel Gutovitz, spring break was spent out of town. “I went to Chicago, it is really cool,” said Gutovitz. “I did exciting things like going to the zoo, going into the city, and going to the beach.”

Photo provided by Joel Gutovitz. The Gutovitz family visited the Windy City over Pesach.

Seniors Ellie Davis and Leah Cohon went on a road trip to visit colleges they may wish to attend next year. “The beginning of my spring break was taken up by a five hour drive to Galesburg, Illinois. Ellie and I visited Knox College, for admitted students day. I could tell that I really liked it there, and I am excited to be there next year”, said Cohon.

Students enjoyed the break with the new spring weather. Since the return of school, they now have a new break to look forward to: summer break.