• March 29Spirit Week Ends
  • April 2MS Girls Soccer v. Lincoln
  • April 4MS Girls Soccer v. Whitefield

Photo by Teddy Zitron
D'var Torah
March 15, 2024
Photo by Teddy Zitron
Snowmen
March 11, 2024
Photo by Teddy Zitron
Jewish Artifact
March 11, 2024

The September Watchlist Keeps Pace with Student Procrastination

kjh
kjh

When it comes to students procrastinating from their homework, movies and television shows have become the go-to distraction. Movie theaters, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant Video are stocking up and getting ready for the surge of students avoiding their assignments. September was full of new releases, and some sad goodbyes were said as movies and TV shows were removed from websites and theaters.

kjh
Thanks to the internet, students have many options to choose from when they want to watch a show or movie. Photo courtesy of Flickr.

This month, a total of 45 movies were released in theaters. Most were only limited engagements, but some big movies are included in the ranks. The four most popular movies to see in theaters this month are “The Perfect Guy” and “The Visit” ( both on 11 Sept.), “Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials” (18 Sept.), and “The Transporter Refueled” (4 Sept.). Other notable movies are “The Intern” (25 Sept.), “Hotel Transylvania 2” (25 Sept.), and “Everest” (18 Sept.).

When it comes to streaming, this month featured tons of new additions to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant Video. Netflix added new seasons of “Arthur,” “Person of Interest,” “The Fosters,” “Gotham,” “Parenthood,” and many more onto the popular site. It is also newly featuring movies such as “Hamlet,” all three “Rambo” movies, “Lawrence of Arabia,” and “Moonrise Kingdom,” among others.

Hulu is the place to go to catch up on current shows. “The Voice,” “Scandal,” “Empire,” “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” and many more are currently streaming. Hulu also contains its own original series, “Difficult People” and “The Awesomes” being two of the most popular.

Amazon Instant Video is also getting in on the streaming game; “Grimm,” “Hand to God,” and movies such as “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and “Pitch Perfect 2” have been added.

Despite all these new movies and TV shows, we had to say goodbye to some old favorites as well. Netflix removed movies such as “Sleepless in Seattle,” “School of Rock,” “Apocalypse Now,” and “If I Stay” from the website. Most of the movies released in September were out for a limited time only, so some of those can no longer be seen on the big screen.
The good news is this: there are many more movies shows coming in October!