• February 28Late Start Wednesday 2/28
  • February 29Sources of Strength open lunch
  • March 4Read Across America Day
  • March 4Girls GPAC All Star Game
  • March 4Boys GPAC All Star Game
  • March 6Late Start Wednesday
  • March 8End of Third Quarter

Auerbach smoking a cigar behind Bill Russel after winning the 1966 NBA Finals. (Via Wikimedia Commons)
The Bereshit of Basketball
February 26, 2024
Image by Bekah Zitron
Ram Fans Sports Weekly 2/23
February 23, 2024
Image by Jessica Margret-Kyanka
Ram Fans Sports Weekly 2/21
February 21, 2024

HBHA Ninth Graders Redecorate the Beit Midrash

The ninth grade started a fantastic new project. The students had many brainstorming sessions in which they chose what their project would be. They decided to create a traditional  ark cover for the Beit Midrash. With the help of Mrs. Hewitt’s amazing sewing skills, the freshmen are going to create beautiful covers for both the Ark and the Tallit box.  

Freshman Mirra Goldenberg said, “I am very excited to be part of such a huge project with my classmates.”

Ninth Grader Josie Safir said,”I like that the ninth grader’s creativity comes out and the final outcome will represent us all.” The project is being led by Josh Goldberg, Social Studies department chair, and by Austin Benton, Athletics Director.  Laura Hewitt, Director of Testing and Teacher Development and Mathematics instructor, is also helping with the ninth grade project.  

Freshmen work on their class art project. Photo by Ethan Herman.

Goldberg said “I am looking forward to seeing how they work together.  It is a fairly long project, I really want to see how they feel when it is done, and see how it makes them feel.”  The idea came from Todd Clauer Upper School Principal, College Guidance Director, and Mathematics Department Chair.  Goldberg and Benton are excited to be working on such a gigantic project with the HBHA freshman.   

Ninth Grader Addie Brand said,  “It is a great opportunity for our class to bond and at the same time we are creating something beneficial to the school.”